St Andrew's and St George's West Church
- Telephone 0131 225 3847
- Opening times Mon–Fri 10am–3pm, Sat 11am–2pm
- Website www.stagw.org.uk
Built in 1784 as the first church in the New Town of Edinburgh, the Georgian oval sanctuary has excellent acoustics and is a popular concert and event venue. St Andrew's and St George's West is still a busy working church and visitors are always welcome. Undercroft Café open Mon–Fri 10am–2pm.
- Provides: Free wi-fi
There are 6 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Scotland's premier string quartet was founded in 1960 and maintains close relationships with composers all over the UK, as well as playing dozens of concerts a year in venues all over the world.
Tue 25 Oct
Wed 11 Jan 2017
Chamber group of Anna Stegmann (recorder), Eva Saladin (violin), Georg Fritz (recorder/oboe) and Andrea Friggi (harpsichord), specialising in baroque music.
London-based ensemble playing medieval music.
Jonathan Manson and Trevor Pinnock
Music for viola da gamba and harpsichord.
Sofie Vanden Eynde, Romina Lischka, Thomas Hobbs
Sofie Vanden Eynde (lute, orpharion, bandora); Romina Lischka (viola da gamba and lyra viol) and Thomas Hobbs (tenor) in recital.
Classical chamber music on period instruments, played by Maggie Cole (fortepiano), Kati Debretzeni (violin) and Sebastian Comberti (cello).