The Festival Theatre Café
- Telephone 0131 622 8097
- Bar open Performance days: bar open until the show's interval.
- Food served Performance days: Mon–Sat 10am–7.30pm; Sun noon–2.30pm. Non-performance days: Mon–Sat 10am–4pm. Closed Sun.
- Website www.capitaltheatres.com/your-visit/…
Light and spacious café in the Festival Theatre's atrium with a focus on local suppliers.
Taking advantage of the floor to ceiling glass frontage, the Festival Theatre Café has all the advantages of al fresco seating without the risk of a sudden downpour ruining your sandwich. More than just a place to grab a glass of wine during the interval, the bar displays a choice of freshly made sandwiches, fluffy focaccias and Middle Eastern-inspired salads. Bread rolls from Manna House Bakery are filled with simple but effective combinations. The mackerel pâté carries a hint of lemon zest and is paired with the satisfying crunch of celery while the quinoa packs a deliciously spicy punch. But it’s the generous bowls of soup, courtesy of Union of Genius, that are the star of the show. Cakes and bakes from Alplings finish things off, and the light and crumbly Bakewell slice makes for a sweet encore.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Theatre events.
- Capacity: 70 (12 outdoors)
- Open since: 2017
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- House wine: £20 per bottle