The Festival Theatre Café
- Telephone 0131 622 8097
- Bar open Performance days: bar open until the show's interval.
- Food served Performance days: Mon–Sat 10am–7.30pm; Sun noon–2.30pm. Non-performance days: Mon–Sat 10am–5pm. Closed Sun.
- Website www.capitaltheatres.com/cafe
Sunny and bright café in the Festival Theatre's atrium.
Taking advantage of the bright glass frontage of Nicolson Street’s Festival Theatre this grand dame of the city’s performance scene now has an all-day café on the ground floor worthy of its distinctive space. Supplied by local businesses including the Manna House, Alplings and Herbivore Kitchen, the emphasis is on a rich selection of good quality counter-service cakes, salads, bagels and thick baguette sandwiches, from Turkish spiced tabbouleh to chorizo and ham frittata, as well as daily Union of Genius soups. Fully licensed, the management also theme menus around whichever show is running: for example, Miss Saigon inspired a short cocktail list and the inclusion of a Vietnamese bahn mi wrap.
- Private dining: None, although meeting rooms hired through the theatre.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Theatre events.
- Capacity: 70 (12 outdoors)
- Largest group: None taken.
- Open since: 2017
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £20 per bottle