The Festival Theatre Café
- Telephone 0131 622 8097
- Bar open Performance days: bar open until the show's interval.
- Food served Performance days: Mon–Sat 10am–7.30pm; Sun noon–2.30pm. Non-performance days: Mon–Sat 10am–5pm. Closed Sun.
- Average price £6 (lunch)
- Website www.edtheatres.com/food-drink
Sunny and bright café in the Festival Theatre's iconic atrium.
The Festival Theatre Café was taken in-house by the theatre’s board of trustees at the start of 2017 and is undergoing a period of menu reflection and resetting. There’s a strong focus on working with local suppliers like Union of Genius, Alplings and the Manna House and while the current lunch offering is very much focused around ‘soup and a sandwich’ options, there are plans to extend the range of dishes on offer. Pre-theatre, the café will offer a range of light bites, all designed for a relaxed, casual experience before heading into the auditorium. Excellent Wi-Fi should see the bright, airy atrium becoming somewhat of a hotspot for lovers of lattes and laptops too. [Not open for full review at time of going to press]
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Theatre
- Open since: 2017