- Telephone 0131 555 4738
- Opening times Mon–Wed noon–12am; Thu–Sat noon–1am; Sun noon–12am
- Bar open Mon–Sun noon–9pm.
- Food served Sun–Wed noon–midnight; Thu–Sat noon–1am.
- Average price £13 (lunch); £13 (evening meal)
- Website leithdepot.com
The modernisation of Leith Walk's bar scene continues with a friendly local venue strong on seafood and vegetarian options.
The changing face of Leith’s pub landscape continues with the rough and ready former Meridian beautifully updated as the bright and breezy Leith Depot. The interior is pleasant and welcoming, with high windows, sanded wooden floors, bright-painted walls, steel support beams and reclaimed wooden chairs, while the blackboard-chalked list of craft beers is worth continued exploration. There’s a real community focus, with the upstairs performance area playing host to gigs by local talent, open mic nights on monthly Thursdays and community group meetings, while the food is overtly intended to emphasise healthy if hearty choices. The menu focuses on seafood and vegan and vegetarian options, which includes good, old-fashioned beer-battered haddock with handmade chips and smoked garlic aioli, Scottish mussels by the quarter, half or full kilo, and a fresh fish special of the day. Elsewhere, dishes like the vegan spelt gnocchi and the inventive leek fritters served with lemon zest cream and a fried egg deserve to entice non-meat eaters from outside the Leith heartland.
- High point: Great community local with strong seafood, vegetarian and vegan options
- Low point: It's stepped into a crowded Leith Walk market
- Notable dish: Spelt gnocchi, smoked tomatoes, artichoke heart, pickled broccoli, pear, kale crisps and caramelised walnuts
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Open mic night on monthly Thu, regular gigs upstairs.
- Capacity: 40 (65 in the venue)
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle
Events at this venue
There are 5 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Tribute to New York punks the Ramones.
Sat 5 Aug
£5 / 0131 555 4738
Rocket to Russia live.
- 19:00 – 23:30
A live music, food and craft beer festival in Leith
Sat 21 Oct
Times to be confirmed / 0131 555 4738
The Southern Tenant
Darkly cinematic electronic side project associated with bluegrass collective Southern Tenant Folk Union.
Sun 30 Jul
Donations / 0131 555 4738
Tea and Nuisance
Foxfire Theatre In 1950s Britain there is a rose garden. Among the wildflowers there sits a peculiar looking glass and many curious tea sets. Here we find Al, a girl made for living, however, she suffers from a terrible cough and a troubling reflection. What a nuisance. This is a new writing play by Foxfire Theatre…
Tue 22 Aug
Wed 23 Aug
Thu 24 Aug
Ukulele Death Squad
The Death Squad are pushing the boundaries of the small four-stringed instrument. Formed by South Australian musicians Ben Roberts (The Timbers) and Julian Ferguson (The Coconut Kids), after these ukulele aficionados realised they both had the skills and energy to create a unique live show. With their own uke style…