- Telephone 0131 555 4738
- Opening times Mon–Wed noon–12am; Thu–Sat noon–1am; Sun noon–12am
- Seasonal times Late license at Hogmanay and during the festival.
- Bar open Sun–Wed noon–midnight; Thu–Sat noon–1am.
- Food served Sun–Wed noon–9pm; Thu–Sat noon–10pm.
- Website leithdepot.com
A friendly local offering live music and a strong seafood and vegetarian menu to Leith punters.
Born out of three musicians' desire to see more gigs in the area, there's a real soul to this independent venue. While upstairs plays host to several bands a week, the main bar regularly invites locals to enjoy a free community meal, just to give a little back. The high ceilings and relaxed, recycled feel, make for a welcoming space to enjoy a reasonably priced cocktail or local brew. The main focus of the menu is on veg and fish, with the odd meaty dish popped in so no one's forgotten. There are plenty of small plates to share, with olives for a nibble or a veggie haggis scotch egg for a nosh. Main meals run from comforting classics like macaroni cheese to tasty specials like smoked haddock and king prawn risotto. For dessert, there's affogato as only Leith could do it, with a deep-fried mars bar and a shot of buckfast. Under threat of closure from a recently announced redevelopment, Leith Depot may not be around for long – so get down there and support them while you can.
- Private dining: Up to 65 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Classic and indie rock.
- Live entertainment: Regular gigs upstairs (2-3 per week)
- Capacity: 40 (65 in the venue)
- Largest group: 20
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle
Reviews & features
Best pubs and bars in Edinburgh22 May 2019
Top places to grab a beer, gin or cocktail in Scotland's capital city
Edinburgh's bar scene continues to thrive, serving up a mighty array of options for the discerning drinker – you're never far from a world-class cocktail, a cult craft beer and exactly the right ambience to suit your mood. All this choice extends well…
Independent Venue Week 2019: Glasgow and Edinburgh Highlights18 Jan 2019
The Vaselines, Makeness and Vital Idles perform in support of small British music venues
Independent Venue Week is upon us once more, as grassroots music venues across the UK play host to emerging and established artists from Mon 28 Jan to Sun 3 Feb. This seven-day nationwide series of gigs pays homage to the small music venues and the…
Best pubs and bars around Edinburgh's Leith Walk and Easter Road31 May 2018
Crawl your way down this bustling boulevard to Edinburgh's hippest northern hotspot
Take a crawl around the Walk and you'll be well watered from top to toe with an ever-expanding collection of bars that have exploded onto one of Edinburgh's most happening streets, with plenty of places to eat in between.