Royal Observatory Greenwich
- Box office 020 8312 6608
- General enquiries 020 8858 4422
- Opening times 10am–5pm
- Seasonal times May–Jun 10am–5.30pm; Jul–Aug 10am–6pm
- Bar open Mon–Sun 10am–4.30pm.
- Box office times Mon–Fri 9am–4pm
- Website www.rmg.co.uk/royal-observatory
Learn the history of time, space and astronomy from one of the world’s oldest observatories.The Royal Observatory was the first state-funded scientific institution of its day. The building, which overlooks the River Thames is the home of iconic apparatus from history and groundbreaking science. Features include: Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), the Prime Meridian and the Great Equatorial Telescope.
Now operating as a museum and educational hub the observatory runs an extensive list of events throughout the year including tours, talks, workshops and late night screenings.
Nearby transport links include Greenwich Tube Station and Maze Hill.