A tropical-themed bar and restaurant serving a mash-up of simple Latin American treats.
Mango on Sauchiehall Street’s nightlife strip does a little bit of everything. This colourful and chaotic tropical bar hosts salsa nights during the week, club nights at the weekends and live music on a regular basis. Food comes courtesy of a new collaboration with a pop-up kitchen named TBC who do dishes that are in keeping with Mango’s brand of Latin flavour. Fajitas, quesadillas and barbecue skewers are the pick of the bunch from the reasonably priced menu where everything comes in at under a tenner. Familiar pub-grub favourites can be found here, too, with a selection of pizzas and topped fries available to order until late. Their two-page cocktail list is a who’s who of popular choices and represents particularly good value for money if you visit between Sunday-Thursday when every cocktail is available for just £3.95. Large screens at the back of the sprawling bar make the place popular when major sporting events are on. Mango draws in an eclectic crowd of students, tourists and regulars which gives the place a lively party atmosphere.
- Private dining: 40, 80 and 150 (three separate rooms)
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: DJs, live bands, salsa and bachata dance classes, open mic nights, accoustic sets
- Capacity: 100 (4 outdoors)
- Largest group: 120
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- House wine: £10.95 per bottle