Bristol Zoo Gardens
Events at this venue
There are 5 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- 133 min
- Directed by: David Yates
- Written by: J.K. Rowling
- Cast: Eddie Redmayne, Katherine Waterston
- UK release: 18 November 2016
Newt Scamander (Redmayne), a socially-challenged animal whisperer of sorts, has to gather up the fantastic beasts which have escaped from his briefcase and are roaming 1920s New York. A suitably magical spin-off, with Rowling's screenplay skilfully balancing dark and light, and director Yates maintaining a thrilling pace…
La La Land
- 126 min
- Directed by: Damien Chazelle
- Cast: Emma Stone, Ryan Gosling, J.K. Simmons
- UK release: 13 January 2017
In Los Angeles, aspiring actress Mia (Stone) falls for jazz musician Sebastian (Gosling). Audaciously inventive homage to classic movie musicals, technically wonderful and joyously emotional, with Gosling as a goofy idealistic charmer and Stone showing the versatility, vulnerability and talent of a young Shirley MacLaine.
- 110 min
- Directed by: Luc Besson
- Written by: Luc Besson
- Cast: Jean Reno, Nathalie Portman, Gary Oldman.
When his neighbour's family is wiped out by crooked cops on a bungled drugs bust, ice cool hitman Leon finds himself looking after the sole survivor – 12-year-old Mathilde. Luc Besson's first film in English is, nevertheless, a French film in terms of style, editing and its boldness in story and theme.
The Lost Boys
- 97 min
- Directed by: Joel Schumacher
- Written by: Janice Fischer, James Jeremias, Jeffrey Boam
- Cast: Corey Feldman, Jami Gertz, Corey Haim, Edward Herrmann, Barnard Hughes, Jason Patric, Kiefer Sutherland, Dianne Wiest
Anaemic comic horror as a Santa Monica teen falls into bad company in the shape of a mad, bad and dangerous-to-know gang of vampires. Constant MTV visuals make this an altogether resistible affair.
- 120 min
- Directed by: Garry Marshall
- Written by: JF Lawton
- Cast: Richard Gere, Julia Roberts
In this hugely successful comedy-romance, Gere stars as an unfeeling financial wheeler-dealer discovering he is human after all when he spends a week in the company of Roberts' downhome goodtime girl. Conversely, she rediscovers her self-esteem by carrying off the role of his high society companion with charm, so the…