The Guildhall & Linen Exchange
All of our guest rooms are en-suite with plasma screen TV with Freeview Each guest room includes free Wi-Fi and built in USB ports. 24 hour reception desk A superb historic building in the middle of the city centre. Situated in the centre of Dunfermline, The Guildhall & Linen Exchange (built during 1805 1811 by Archibald Elliot as a guildhall and linen exchange) had its foundation stone laid in 1807, yet the money ran out before the building was completed. The eye-catching spire was paid for by public subscription and erected in 1811. Five years later, the premises were converted into the Spire Inn and, in 1845, became the county buildings including the sheriff s court, police station and eventually the job centre in 1993. J D Wetherspoon refurbished this in 2012. . Its symmetrical classical design and 42-metre spire make it a local landmark.
Text supplied by third party.