Manor Gardens

Manor Gardens
St. Andrews Road, Exmouth, Devon, EX8 1AW

Originally part of an old manor house, home to the Ducarel family during the 18th century, and subsequently Charles Prettejohn.

In 1893 the gardens were leased for public use and then extended in 1905 to incorporate the kitchen garden of the Imperial Hotel. In 1907 a deed of conveyance gave the entire area over to the local council, a condition being that nothing should ever be built there.

Comments & ratings

Post a comment