- Telephone 01691 680222
- Website www.attfieldtheatre.co.uk
There are 8 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
- France / Canada
- 89 min
- Directed by: Eric Summer / Éric Warin
- Cast: Voices of Dane DeHaan, Elle Fanning, Maddie Ziegler
- UK release: 19 December 2016
Orphaned Félicie (Fanning) strives to reach her dream of performing ballet at the Grand Opera House, with the help of mentor Odette (Jepsen). A ballet version of The Karate Kid, it looks nice but the soundtrack is a mish-mash and the story is formulaic and lacks comic zing.
Dr Strangelove (or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb)
- 93 min
- Directed by: Stanley Kubrick
- Cast: Peter Sellers, George C. Scott, Sterling Hayden.
Devastating black comedy on the lunacy of the nuclear age with Sellers ideally cast in three roles (US President, jolly Brit captain, and demented teutonic boffin) and Slim Pickens the good ole boy heading for oblivion to a chorus of 'We'll Meet Again'. Still alarmingly relevant.
Thu 23 Feb
Exhibition On Screen: I, Claude Monet
- Directed by: Phil Grabsky
Using letters and other private writings I, Claude Monet reveals new insight into the influential painter and impressionist.
- 61 min
- Directed by: William Beaudine
- Cast: Leo Gorcey, Huntz Hall, Bernard Gorcey
With the help of the Bowery Boys, a man sets out to make sure a young heir is not cheated of his fortune.
Manchester by the Sea
- 135 min
- Directed by: Kenneth Lonergan
- Cast: Casey Affleck, Michelle Williams, Lucas Hedges, Kyle Chandler, Gretchen Mol
- UK release: 13 January 2016
Lee (Affleck) is a carefree small-town guy who, when his brother dies, is given the job of raising his nephew (Hedges). A masterful blend of high drama, quirky characterisations and incidental detail, with a soulful, heartbreaking turn by Affleck at its core.
Royal Ballet: Romeo and Juliet
- 132 min
- UK release: 22 March 2012
The Royal Ballet performs what has become one of its signature works since its première in 1965, Kenneth MacMillan's staging of the great romantic tragedy.
- 125 min
- Directed by: Asghar Farhadi
- Cast: Taraneh Alidoosti, Shahab Hosseini, Babak Karimi
Exploring a couple's relationship while they appear in a production of Arthur Miller's Death of a Salesman.