Racing at Catterick Bridge began in the mid-17th century, although it wasn't until 1813 that a permanent course was created. The framework of the old 1906 stand is still evident in its current form.
The grandstand and paddock enclosure are well served by a variety of food and drink outlets. Racegoers are permitted to take picnics to the course enclosure where there is also a children's play area.
Darlington is the most convenient railway station, approximately 15 miles from the racecourse. Buses run regularly from the railway station to Richmond town centre, and from there a shuttle bus runs to the racecourse.