The Parish Church Of St Michael's Cornhill

The Parish Church Of St Michael's Cornhill
St Michael's Alley, London, EC3V 9DS

The first recorded mention of the St Michael's dates back to 1055 however the original building, apart from the tower, was destroyed in the Great Fire of 1666. Rebuilt by Sir Christopher Wren between 1669 and 1672 while the interior was repaired and remodeled several times up until 1860. Famous composers and organists associated with St Michael's include Obadiah Shuttleworth, Theodore Aylward, Richard John Samuel Stevens, Richard Davidge Limpus and Harold Edwin Dark.

St Michael is within easy walking distance of Bank, Monument and Cannon Street London Underground stations. Bus routes 15, 17, 21, 35, 43, 47, 48, 133, 141, 149 and 344 all stop near the church.

Comments & ratings

Post a comment