St Lawrence Jewry

St Lawrence Jewry
Guildhall Yard, London, EC2V 5AA
Photo of St Lawrence Jewry
St Lawrence Jewry

St Lawrence Jewry is the official church of the Lord Mayor of London and of the City of London Corporation. The church was first built in 1136 in the the old Jewish quarter but was destroyed in the Great Fire of London. Rebuilt in 1667 it was badly damaged in WWII before being restored once more. The church hosts regular piano recitals and organ concerts as well as a summer festival each August.

The closest underground stations are Bank (Exit 9), Mansion House, St Paul's and Moorgate.

Comments & ratings