No. 22 Bar & Grill
- Telephone 01292 280820
- Opening times Mon– Sun 9am–midnight
- Food served Mon–Sun 9am–9.30pm
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sat noon–6.30pm; Sun 5pm–6.30pm
- Average price £10 Mon noon-9:30pm, Tues–Fri noon–6pm (set lunch)
- Pre-theatre price £12
- Website www.22ayr.com
Just up the road from sister restaurant The Fox & Willow, No 22. is a stylish modern diner with the same focus on Scottish ingredients, with steak nights, various set menus and early dining options.
Until recently the Beresford Wine Bar & Art Gallery, No. 22 is a display of Ayr’s efforts to prove itself as cosmopolitan a place for drinks and contemporary dining as any other town in Scotland large or small. Adopting a classical look – all Roman numerals and black facade – there’s a broad sweep to the menu from from breakfast through to grand grills and seafood platters. Cocktails, a grown-up wine list and tasting boards encourage a drinking and grazing vibe, while midweek promotions, Friday after-work and Sunday lunch specials give reasons to make it a regular for many different reasons.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Open since: 2009