Candleriggs is the setting for Glasgow’s biggest, brashest, occasionally burlesque, cabaret and dining venue. Each Friday and Saturday is the Big Show, where diners can enjoy a meal while settling down to some entertainment in the smart, theatrical dining room. The menu is set at £24.50, on top of the cost of the cabaret, but it’s a suitably lavish affair, with the likes of Stornoway black pudding and pan-seared scallops to start, and sea bass, various grills such as steaks (supplements may be required) and attractive desserts. Expect varied ents, from dancing girls and local comedians to trapeze artistry. It’s not all about the glitzy weekend shows. Other events include weekday comedy nights, Sunday family shows for taking the kids to, and there’s always the option of popping in for breakfast with full montys and healthier options on offer, or going in for their reasonably priced lunch menu, with crowdpleasers such as steak pie, fish and chips and burgers.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Cabaret, music and comedy every night of the week.
- Capacity: 150(20 outdoors)
- Largest group: 150
- Open since: 2014
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 14
- House wine: £18.50 per bottle