- Telephone 0131 557 3768
- Opening times Daily: 4pm–1am.
- Seasonal times During the Festival and Christmas: open until 3am. Opens half an hour before the earliest match on 6 Nations days.
- Bar open Mon–Sun 4pm–1am.
- Food served Mon–Sun 4pm–1am.
- Average price £7 (evening meal)
- Website www.pilgrimbar.co.uk
Eccentric interiors, cheap booze, a midweek pub quiz and weekend DJ's gives Pilgrim a loyal student clientele.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
With a bar built from retro-style suitcases and a choice of old cinema chairs or sofas wrapped in denim jeans to lounge on, at first sight, Pilgrim’s sustainability ethos is on point. Whether or not their choice of local beers is a conscious effort to maintain their eco-friendly vision, their stock of Innis & Gunn and Williams Bros products shows off some of Scotland's best brews. However, Pilgrim’s offerings on the large are curated to keep their loyal student clientele happy; cheap spirits, wines and a very boozy Long Island Tea make a cheerful start to any night out. Hearty plates of mac 'n' cheese, cottage pie and nachos are guaranteed to fill hungry tums, but the absence of a chef means that if things are busy, the bar staff may have to close the kitchen early.
- High point: A worthy Cowgate pub-crawl stop
- Low point: The stunt videos on repeat get a little tedious
- Notable dish: Chilli con carne
Welcome to the Capital’s first licensed premises specifically designed to create as small a carbon footprint as possible.
From the floor screed, reconstituted from the cement of demolished buildings, to the bar made with hundreds of discarded suitcases, or the walls clad from reclaimed pallets to the original 1930s cinema seating – nearly 98% of the environment at Pilgrim has been salvaged, recycled or upcycled.
Special care has been taken in creating a menu which not only represents good quality but good value too. The food prepared is wholesome, the drinks served are refreshing.
Every product is on the menu for a reason – there are no politics behind the decision to stock anything nor is there any pretense.
We stock it because we like it and we hope you like it too.
Major sporting occasions available across eight screens – including every game of the forthcoming six nations.
Large selection of craft beer, wine and cocktails.
Live music on Sundays from 7pm.
Text supplied by third party.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Mixed music
- Live entertainment: Music on Wed nights, Tue pub quiz, DJ's Fri–Sun.
- Capacity: 212 standing, 90 seated.
- Largest group: 150
- Open since: 2013
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 4
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle
There is 1 event at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Bad Boy Pub Quiz
The Bad Boy Pub Quiz: an evening of fun and frolics, musical statues, pass the pineapple, and the chance to win 'hunners' of money. Loads of great prizes to be won, and plenty of crap ones too!