- Telephone 0131 629 5509
- Opening times 11am–1am.
- Seasonal times Open late during the Festival and at Christmas.
- Bar open Mon–Wed noon–midnight; Thu–Sun noon–1am.
- Food served Mon 5–10pm; Tue–Sun noon–10pm.
- Average price £13.50 (lunch); £13.50 (evening meal)
Craft ales, live music and good food with a relaxed vibe.
This hipster boozer doesn’t take itself too seriously and the casual space has a few little secrets up its sleeve. The exit to the beer garden is nothing short of Narniaesque and there’s regular live music to be found behind the curtain beside the bar, if not a talking lion. The food is big, fresh and worthy of a beastly appetite, but well suited to a non-carnivorous palate. Alongside appetising seasonal specials, loaded nachos, gravity-defying burgers and generous sundaes make a spectacular mess in the eating. Owners Krafty Brew also have a good selection of appealing ales on offer, with plenty on tap and in bottles, and new drafts coming online sporadically.
- Private dining: Up to 80 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Indie, laid-back classics
- Live entertainment: Regular live musci and open mic nights - and comedy during the festival.
- Capacity: 120
- Largest group: 80
- Open since: 2013 (taken over in 2015)
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £14.60 per bottle
Events at this venue
There are 2 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Macabre music and dark spoken word make uneasy bedfellows for this pre-Halloween night
A programme of remembrance to clebrate absent friends in spoken word and music
Reviews & features
Best pubs and bars around Edinburgh's Leith Walk and Easter Road31 May 2018
Crawl your way down this bustling boulevard to Edinburgh's hippest northern hotspot
Take a crawl around the Walk and you'll be well watered from top to toe with an ever-expanding collection of bars that have exploded onto one of Edinburgh's most happening streets, with plenty of places to eat in between.