- Telephone 0131 629 5509
- Opening times 11am–1am.
- Seasonal times Open late during the Festival and at Christmas.
- Bar open Mon–Wed noon–midnight; Thu–Sun noon–1am.
- Food served Mon 5–10pm; Tue–Sun noon–10pm.
- Average price £13.50 (lunch); £13.50 (evening meal)
Craft ales, live music and good food with a relaxed vibe.
This hipster boozer doesn’t take itself too seriously and the casual space has a few little secrets up its sleeve. The exit to the beer garden is nothing short of Narniaesque and there’s regular live music to be found behind the curtain beside the bar, if not a talking lion. The food is big, fresh and worthy of a beastly appetite, but well suited to a non-carnivorous palate. Alongside appetising seasonal specials, loaded nachos, gravity-defying burgers and generous sundaes make a spectacular mess in the eating. Owners Krafty Brew also have a good selection of appealing ales on offer, with plenty on tap and in bottles, and new drafts coming online sporadically.
- Private dining: Up to 80 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Indie, laid-back classics
- Live entertainment: Regular live musci and open mic nights - and comedy during the festival.
- Capacity: 120
- Largest group: 80
- Open since: 2013 (taken over in 2015)
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £14.60 per bottle
Events at this venue
There are 4 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Edinburgh in the Shadows
Beattie and Scratchmann 'A collection of… lesser known and thoroughly dark Edinburgh stories. Highly recommended…' ★★★★★ (FringeReview.co.uk). Beattie and Scratchmann are back with their hugely successful historical spoken word show. Want to know the sinister side of the city that the tourist brochures won't tell you…
Mon 13 Aug
Tue 14 Aug
The Last Burrah Sahibs
Max Scratchmann The Last Burrah Sahibs is a one-hour, one-man, spoken-word show about the mansion house dwelling life led by ordinary Scottish mill workers in the old jute colonies along the Hooghly river in 20th century Bengal – when it was still possible to walk down Calcutta streets on a Saturday and hear only…
Mon 20 Aug
Tue 21 Aug
Poetry Circus Poetry Bordello is a deliciously naughty blend of risqué spoken word and astounding burlesque performance brought to you by List Hot 100 performance poetry company – Poetry Circus. 2018's line-up includes bestselling novelist and chanteuse Rosie Garland; slam-busting performance poets Max Scratchmann, AR…
Thu 9 Aug
Thu 16 Aug
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of Woodland Creatures./5 from RSS feed of these comments