- Telephone 0131 629 5509
- Opening times 11am–1am.
- Seasonal times Open late during the Festival and at Christmas.
- Bar open Mon–Wed noon–midnight; Thu–Sun noon–1am.
- Food served Mon 5–10pm; Tue–Sun noon–10pm.
Craft ales, live music and good food with a relaxed vibe.
This hipster boozer doesn’t take itself too seriously and the casual space has a few little secrets up its sleeve. The exit to the beer garden is nothing short of Narniaesque and there’s regular live music to be found behind the curtain beside the bar, if not a talking lion. The food is big, fresh and worthy of a beastly appetite, but well suited to a non-carnivorous palate. Alongside appetising seasonal specials, loaded nachos, gravity-defying burgers and generous sundaes make a spectacular mess in the eating. Owners Krafty Brew also have a good selection of appealing ales on offer, with plenty on tap and in bottles, and new drafts coming online sporadically.
- Private dining: Up to 80 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Indie, laid-back classics
- Live entertainment: Regular live musci and open mic nights - and comedy during the festival.
- Capacity: 120
- Largest group: 80
- Open since: 2013 (taken over in 2015)
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £14.60 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of Woodland Creatures./5 from RSS feed of these comments