Bristol Beacon is one of the largest and oldest music venues in Bristol. The grade II listed building is in the Bristol Byzantine style, except for the dramatic new foyer which was opened in 2009. Fires in 1898 and 1945 mean that the interior has been completely rebuilt twice, and the main auditorium is now on its third organ, a magnificent 1951 instrument by Harrison & Harrison.
The hall plays host to classical concerts from the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra and visiting artists, as well as major touring bands, stand-up comedians and the occasional theatrical production. The recent refurbishment includes a strong commitment to sustainability, with a wind turbine and solar panels supplying a notable part of the hall's energy.
The venue was formerly known as Colston Hall but the name was changed in 2020.
Bristol Temple Meads station is about 25 minutes' walk away, and Colston Street is served by bus routes G7, M6 and M10.
- Provides: Wheelchair access
- Open since: 1867