The Lamb Hotel Ely sits in the heart of the Cathedral City of Ely with easy access via the A10. Sitting in the shadows of Ely's splendid cathedral tower, the Lamb Hotel dates back to the 15th century when it existed as a coaching inn. Historically there is much to see with the fine cathedral and Cromwell's house just a short walk away. The Churchwardens of St Mary's dined here frequently, spending one pound on dinner here in 1782, of which a mere 9s went towards food and 11s was spent on wine, punch, and beer. In the same year the inn was sold to a local brewing family, the Harlocks, and its own brewery was converted into a coach-house - evidence of the growing importance of the posting trade. It was also the stopping point for a number of regular coach services including the Union, which ran three times a week between King's Lynn and London via Ely, Cambridge and Ware. Today it is a popular meeting place for locals and is a great base for exploring the local area and nearby Cambridge.
Text supplied by third party.