Industrial-chic interiors with casual service and a menu to suit all-day dining and drinking.
Checkpoint achieves the delicate balance of being achingly hip without being pretentious. The high ceilings, large windows, and open-plan dining room provide a sharp canvas for the slick, design-led features. Lighting imported from old Berlin subway stations adorns the walls while an orange shipping container-cum-dining area creates an intriguing focal point. Open from 9am, a daytime menu of brunchy pancakes, eggs, subs, salads, and filled brioche buns is served until 5pm alongside good coffee. The dinner menu starts with a selection of savoury bites and bowls which serve as starters or nibbles with drinks. Mains are well balanced, with steaks, chops, and filled baguettes weighing in alongside large salads, fish, and vegan tagines. The breast of pigeon with confit duck potatoes, black pudding bonbons and purple broccoli is as rich and substantial as the quinoa, apple, pickled beetroot and pomegranate salad is fresh and wholesome. The vegan puddings are well worth a try, especially when whipped coconut cream stands in for the traditional dairy alternative.
- Private dining: Up to 18 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Spotify playlist
- Live entertainment: Occasional live singer with guitar
- Capacity: 120
- Largest group: 120 venue booking
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 14
- House wine: £15.50 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of Checkpoint./5 from RSS feed of these comments