The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery

The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery
Bethesda Street, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST1 3DW
  • Telephone 01782 232323
  • Email
  • Website www.stoke.gov.uk
Photo of The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery
The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery

The museum opened in 1956 as the Stoke-on-Trent City Museum & Art Gallery. The building was designed by architect; J. R. Piggott.

Since 2010, the Potteries Museum & Art Gallery has housed items from the Staffordshire Hoard and in 2017, the Leekfrith torcs, Iron Age gold jewellery, was added to the collection.

A statue of Arnold Bennett is outside.