- Telephone 0131 629 3327
- Bar open Sun–Thu 11am–midnight; Fri/Sat 11am–1am.
- Food served Mon–Sun 11am–10pm.
- Average price £8 (lunch); £12 (evening meal)
- Website www.bodabar.com
This review is taken from the current (2015) edition.
With an eclectic mix of pine and painted tables, comfy sofas and the odd pew, Hemma is welcoming to all, including children and dogs. The venue is equally popular for an after-work rendezvous, a bite to eat with friends and pooches after a walk mid-week, or for a weekend lunch. An area upstairs is set aside for kids to play safely while the adults relax. The menu offers something for everyone including burgers, salads and homemade Thai fishcakes, and the staff are knowledgeable about their dishes and their cocktails, which are made with thought and care. Roasted squash and soft goat's cheese salad is tasty with a lingering hint of basil. The homemade soup is full of flavour and generous in size with crusty fresh bread and lashings of butter. The dessert menu gives a full description of ingredients, including a tasty wheat-free chocolate kladakat cake.
- High point: Fabulous cocktails
- Low point: Not all of the menu shows gluten-free options
- Notable dish: Cocktails
- Private dining: 280 (150 downstairs and 130 in mezzanine)
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: occasional bands
- Capacity: 130
- Largest group: 130 for drinks and buffet, 50 for a sit-down meail
- Open since: May 2012
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 15
- House wine: £14.10 per bottle
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 5 reviews of Hemma./5 from RSS feed of these comments