The Tontine Hotel
- Bar open Daily: noon–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Fri 7.30–9.30am, noon–2.30pm & 6–9pm; Sat 7.30–9.30am & noon–9pm; Sun 8–10am & noon–9pm.
- Average price £14 (lunch); £17 (evening meal)
- High point: A stunning dining room with an equally appealing view
- Low point: Rather redundant noodles served alongside potatoes dauphinoise, as well as some lacklustre peas
Situated in the heart of Peebles we are a family run hotel totally geared up to providing you with a wonderful break. For mountain bikers looking for a bike-friendly hotel near Peebles, we are only 3 miles away from the world famous Glentress Centre and for a walking holiday in the Scottish Borders, we have some of the finest walking in Southern Scotland on our doorstep. We have just introduced a new golf package, the Fully Flexible Go Golfing Trail, providing a superb golf break in Peebles and with our enviable location in the stunning Tweed Valley, are the perfect choice for anglers looking for a fishing hotel on the Tweed. Known for our excellent service and food we have 36 en-suite bedrooms, secure storage, drying room and private parking for our guests. So if you want to escape for some well earned rest and relaxation, or to enjoy a reunion with friends and family, the Tontine is the perfect place to be. Whatever your interest, with our local knowledge, warm hospitality and activity expertise we will make sure that you have an excellent stay.
Text supplied by third party.
- Private dining: Up to 90 covers
- No. overnight rooms: 36
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Live music
- Music on stereo: mixed, contemporary and easy listening
- Capacity: 110
- Largest group: 90
- Open since: Tontine Hotel since 1808, current owners since 2001
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- House wine: £14.50 per bottle