Fife Folk Museum
- Box office 01334 828180
- General enquiries 01334 828180
- Opening times 1 Apr–31 Oct: Wed–Sun 10.30am–4.30pm.
- Seasonal times Nov–Mar Museum closed.
- Food served Tue–Sat 10am–4.30pm; Sun 11am–4.30pm. Closed Mon.
- Admission Free; donations accepted
- Website www.fifefolkmuseum.org
Award-winning museum celebrating the social, domestic and working lives of the people of Fife.
The museum is spread across a number of historic buildings including the Tolbooth which dates back to 1673, and a modern annex, all in the heart of the Conservation Area of Ceres. This wide-ranging collection tells the story of the people of Fife through an extensive collection of artifacts from doll’s house furnishings to horse’s carts. Agricultural life, crafts, industry, fashions and home lives are all explored, letting visitors get an insight into how life was lived from the humblest labourer to the owner of the Big House. A small research library is also open to visitors. While the museum is closed in winter months, the Weigh House Tea Room serves hot and cold food and home baking all year round.
- Provides: Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Open since: 1968