- Telephone 0131 555 1638
- Bar open Mon–Fri 2pm–1am; Sat noon–1am; Sun 1pm–midnight.
- Website www.bodabar.com/victoria/
Easy-going, friendly Leith pub with wide appeal.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Roughly halfway down Leith Walk sits the likeable, unpretentious Victoria bar. The vibe is relaxed during the day, with board games and free books available, and a little more buzzy at night as regulars arrive and the noise level rises. They leave cocktails to their sister bar, Boda, just a block away but there’s a short wine list, teas and coffees, a decent selection of malts and the draft and bottled beer range is refreshed several times a year to keep it interesting. They don’t do food, unless you count free fruit for customers and complimentary biscuits for your four-legged friends, but you can bring in your own. The back area is available for free hire and their Facebook page provides a heads-up for future events, such as the monthly dating night and one-offs like their Dolly Parton-themed evening.
- High point: Hassle-free environment to enjoy a drink or two
- Low point: Very dog-friendly which may not be ideal for everyone
- Private dining: Up to 50 covers
- Provides: Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: An eclectic mix with requests taken
- Live entertainment: Language cafe every Monday, live music every Thursday, DJs at weekends and singles speed dating every so often
- Capacity: 90 standing
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2007
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 11
- House wine: £14 per bottle
Reviews & features
Bar Crawls: Edinburgh - No Sleep Till Leith18 Nov 2011
From central Edinburgh and Leith the best way possible – by the bars
Determining the point at which Leith Walk starts has baffled philosophers, locals and postal workers for decades. Haddington Place and Leith Street have (understandably) become subsumed within this long, iconic thoroughfare that joins Edinburgh with…
Best bars in and around Leith3 Jun 2010
David Pollock suggests the finest locations for a festival beverage, or two
Six of the Best - Eating & Drinking around Leith11 Jun 2009
The King’s Wark 36 The Shore, 0131 554 9260 Few things can make a foodie as happy as a portion of homemade fishcakes and frites courtesy of this granddaddy of the Leith eating scene. Oozing olde worlde charm, the Wark’s menu boasts everything from…