- Telephone 0131 667 3600
- Food served Mon–Sat 11am–11pm. Closed Sun.
- Average price £14.50 (lunch); £14.50 (evening meal)
- Website www.lasal.co.uk
This review is taken from the 2015 edition.
Behind an unassuming frontage on a quiet Newington street, you’ll find La Sal and Alba Flamenca, the flamenco dance school with which it shares premises. The restaurant comes first, tucking in some small tables at the windows before you come to the main room at the back, ideal for larger parties. In between is the dance studio, where performances are held on the popular ‘tablao flamenco’ dinner and dance nights. Whether or not you’re lucky enough to have a flamenco soundtrack to your meal, there’s a lot to like about this cosy Spanish restaurant with its laidback vibe and hospitable feel. The food delivers Spanish flavour in an array of traditional, home-style dishes. A steaming saffron-yellow paella is made to order and served with a flourish in a cast-iron pan. It's a good example of the reliable menu from this colourful and welcoming neighbourhood restaurant. [Not recently visited.]
- Private dining: Up to 18 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Spanish guitar
- Live entertainment: Dance performances at Alba Flamenca next door.
- Capacity: 30
- Largest group: 18
- Open since: 2012
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £12.50 per bottle
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 6 reviews of La Sal./5 from RSS feed of these comments