McSorleys Irish Bar
- Box office 0131 226 5954
- General enquiries 0131 226 5954
- Opening times Daily: noon–1am.
- Bar open Mon–Sun noon–1am.
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–8.45pm.
- Average price One course lunch £5 (set lunch); £13 (evening meal)
- Website www.mcsorleysbar.com
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
With live music every night, regular sponsorship of local university sport teams, lots of student-focused nights, a reliable pint of Guinness and a good value bar menu, it’s safe to say the craic is strong in this one. Sure, Malone’s is far from sophisticated – in fact, in terms of décor it’s a little rough round the edges – but they know what they’re doing and they do it well. The huge bar really comes to life during big sporting fixtures, when rugby as well as Gaelic football and hurling draw in the crowds, but there’s always a genuine welcome from the friendly bar staff who take their responsibilities towards the younger drinking crowd seriously. Food-wise, the focus is on burgers, nachos and sharing platters but there’s also Irish soda bread to accompany the soup and a slow-cooked Irish stew for those craving a more traditional taste of home.
- High point: Genuinely friendly welcome
- Low point: It could do with a freshen-up
- Notable dish: Irish stew
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Club tracks
- Live entertainment: Live music every night
- Capacity: 364
- Largest group: 300
- Open since: 2009
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- House wine: £12.50 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 3 reviews of McSorleys Irish Bar./5 from RSS feed of these comments