Malone's Irish Bar
- Box office 0131 226 5954
- General enquiries 0131 226 5954
- Bar open Sat–Mon noon–1am; Sun 12.30pm–1am.
- Food served Sun–Thu noon–8pm; Fri/Sat noon–9pm.
- Average price One course lunch - £5 (set lunch); £13 (evening meal)
- Website www.malonesedinburgh.com
This review is taken from the current (2015) edition.
‘There are only two types of people in the world, the Irish and those who wish they were.’ This is the first of many quirky quotes that greet you upon entering Malone's and perhaps it can partly explain the popularity of this bar. The Irish ‘lads’ behind the taps provide the expected banter, and the craic as they say is mighty. This huge space is rarely empty and it’s easy to see why: live music, sporting events and proper pub grub are just a few of the charming attractions. The quality food far exceeds usual pub expectations, with offerings like proper stews, fish and chips, succulent steaks and an all-day Irish breakfast with homemade soda bread. Behind the bar there are the usual draughts and bottles, and they serve what could arguably be crowned the best pint of Guinness in the city.
- High point: Warm welcome and hearty grub
- Low point: Can get boisterous at the weekends – not a place for a relaxing drink
- Notable dish: Malone's Irish Stew
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Scottish and Irish folk music almost every night from 9pm (10pm weekends)
- Capacity: 600 in bar
- Largest group: 300
- Open since: 2009
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £10.45 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 3 reviews of Malone's Irish Bar./5 from RSS feed of these comments