- Telephone 0141 548 1350
- Opening times Sun–Thu 11am–2am; Fri/Sat 11am–3am
- Bar open Mon–Sun 11am–3am
- Food served Mon–Sat 11am–2am; Sun 11am–2am
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sat 5–10pm.
- Average price £12.95 (set lunch); £14 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £12.95
- Website www.maggiemays.info
Well-established music bar with a raucous, rough 'n' ready atmosphere, big screens for sport and a late licence every night.
With a 3am licence and a commitment to rock ’n’ roll, this year Maggie May’s reaches double digits with a formidable following gathered over the last decade. Its location helps – on the fringe of the Merchant City, opposite the Tron Theatre and one of the nearest (decent) watering holes to the Barrowland Ballroom. A pleasantly unaffected atmosphere brings together shoppers, sports fans and music lovers. The menu aims to have something for every one of them, skipping across the globe with tempura, curry, piri piri, and much more. Perhaps it spreads itself a tad thin, but Americana pub classics fare best – a chilli dog is both stodgy and spicy, doing exactly what it’s meant to. And the burgers (as in sister venues Howlin’ Wolf and Slouch), are full-on with decent flavour. The market menu offers variety and value, and the separate dining section at the back is a lovely space from which to enjoy the tunes.
- High point: Late-night eating with a cool soundtrack
- Low point: Menu could be smaller and tighter
- Notable dish: The 'Prohibition' burger, with gherkins, pastrami and cheddar
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Rock'n roll and all guitar music
- Live entertainment: Rock'n'roll cover bands 7 nights a week
- Capacity: 50
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2006
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 11
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle
Events at this venue
There is 1 event at this location
Sorted by title / date & time