- Telephone 0141 548 1350
- Opening times Sun–Thu 11am–2am; Fri/Sat 11am–3am
- Bar open Mon–Sun 11am–3am
- Food served Mon–Sat 11am–2am; Sun 11am–2am
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sat 5–10pm.
- Average price £12.95 (set lunch); £14 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £12.95
- Website www.maggiemays.info
Well-established music bar with a raucous, rough 'n' ready atmosphere, big screens for sport and a late licence every night.
With a live music venue in the basement, a busy, buzzing bar upstairs, and bands doing rock ’n’ roll covers seven nights a week, this place caters for a young, lively crowd. And Mick Jagger would probably like it because it is very much painted black – well, the outside facade is anyway. The inner dining area is decorated with black and gold wallpaper, quirky chandeliers and a hatch looking on to an open kitchen. Don’t come here for a quiet night: electric guitars pulsate into the dining area, as does the buzz of chatter from the noisy bar, which is separated by a thick velvet curtain. The menu has a range of pub food with a few twists: for example a starter of nachos has the option of coming with pulled crab meat. Choose from main courses such as Chinese five-spiced tempura, slow-cooked beef bourguignon or a vast variety of burgers and hot dogs. The black and blue burger comes with Dunsyre blue cheese and Stornoway black pudding, and a bucket of thick-cut chips on the side. Unusually, the pre-theatre menu goes for a slightly more upmarket style while the kitchen serves up late-night bites for hungry punters until 2am most nights.
- High point: Great if you love live music
- Low point: Not so great if you don’t
- Notable dish: All 'dem burgers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Rock'n roll and all guitar music
- Live entertainment: Rock'n'roll cover bands 7 nights a week
- Capacity: 50
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2006
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 11
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle