- Telephone 0141 553 2400
- Opening times Mon–Thu 11am–midnight; Fri/Sat 11am–1am; Sun noon–midnight
- Bar open Sun–Thu 11am–11pm; Fri/Sat 11am–1am
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–9pm.
- Average price £11.50 (lunch); £11.50 (evening meal)
- Website www.monocafebar.com
Long-established music bar with live bands, a record shop and vegan-friendly dining, plus fizzy pop brewed in-house.
Music is strong at Mono, evidenced as soon as you enter, with stage on the right and Monorail record shop on the left. The connection to the Glasgow music scene makes this place something of a Glasgow institution and, along with places such as Saramago and Stereo, it helps to make the city a very vegan-friendly place. On the animal-free menu you will find fava dip, to-fish'n'chips, and seitan (or 'wheat meat') burger with hand-cut chips. For dessert, the chocolate fudge banana split ice-cream sundae is surprisingly good and they are rightly proud of their home-brewed ginger beer, and raspberry and rose lemonade – made on the premise in large, shiny brewing vats. There’s lots of space for the regular gigs, DJs and art events, which also makes it popular with families, particularly when the baby disco is on.
- High point: Have a drink and buy records in the same place
- Low point: Long gap between courses
- Notable dish: Spicy vegan sausage pizza
Don't mistake the slender couple of shelves in the back room of vegan venue Mono for a lightweight enterprise. Owner and muso Stephen Pastel has been setting Glasgow's hipster pulse from here for years.
Text supplied by third party.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Alternative music
- Live entertainment: Bands and DJs - occasional art events
- Capacity: 60
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2002
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- House wine: £14.50 per bottle
Events at this venue
There are 3 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Japanese avant-rock and krautrock singer-guitarist, best known as the front-man of Can.
Wed 9 May 2018
£11 / 0141 553 2400
Reviews & features
Student Guide 2016: LGBT – out and about23 Sep 2016
Explore Glasgow and Edinburgh's thriving LGBTQIA+ scene
Heading off to university is both exciting and a little scary, and even more so if you identify as LGBTQIA+. On the one hand, you're moving to a new place and leaving old support networks behind, but on the other hand, you get to decide who you are, on…
Top chefs on their favourite St Andrew’s Day food13 Nov 2014
Featuring Victoria Henderson, Calum Richardson, Mike Small, Joe Malik and Ruaraidh Skinner
Victoria Henderson – Head chef, Mono, Glasgow Vegan haggis, neeps and tatties For vegan haggis you really are unlimited as to what vegetables you put in. Mushrooms are good as they give it a nice depth and texture, with pulses, oats, onions and…
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 4 reviews of Mono./5 from RSS feed of these comments