Mill One Restaurant
- Box office 01555 667200
- General enquiries 01555 667200
- Bar open Bar 11am-11pm Mon–Sun. Bar/bistro serves morning teas and coffee, light and bar lunches, and afternoon tea 1pm–4pm daily.
- Food served Mon–Fri 5–9.30pm; Sat/Sun noon–9.30pm.
- Average price Sunday roast lunch £11.45. Children under 4 eat free, children aged 4-12 eat half-price. (set lunch)
- Website www.newlanarkhotel.co.uk
The former mill room of Robert Owen's visionary 19th-century factory serves smart Scottish favourites and more, made with local and regional produce.
Robert Owen, the 19th-century visionary behind New Lanark mill, wanted to make the lives of its people happy. This spirit lives on in the New Lanark Mill Hotel's revamped Mill One Restaurant. Progress stalled for a time, like in New Lanark itself before its 1990s restoration, but now Mill One is back on track, driving forward, and busy, thanks to new manager John Stirrat’s vision of what people want. The refurbished mill room, with views and sounds of the River Clyde below, serves an enticing local, seasonal menu, with dishes such as homemade pigeon pie, Scottish seafood platters, plenty of burgers and grills and their own New Lanark ice-cream made in the village. No one will be disappointed by their solid performance, and dishes look impressive and special, with fashionable smears of sauce, and slates for plates. You sense they're playing it safe, yet also, in a few dishes, daring to push at the edges.
- Private dining: Up to 180 covers
- No. overnight rooms: 38
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Piano for theme nights
- Capacity: 80
- Largest group: 80
- Open since: 1998
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- House wine: £15.35 per bottle