- Telephone 0131 556 9331
- Seasonal times Festival and festive season: open till 5am
- Bar open Bar: Mon–Sun 11–3am. Club: Fri/Sat 11pm–3am.
- Food served Mon–Sun 11am–9pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sun 5–7.30pm.
- Average price £13 (lunch); £13 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £9 for two courses; £11 for three courses
- Website ccbloomsedinburgh.com
Definitive, well-loved Edinburgh gay nightclub with a comfortable non-exclusive café-bar upstairs.
The city’s definitive and best-loved gay nightclub for many years, these days CC Blooms concentrates its late-night clubbing operation to Lab, the basement dancefloor space. That means the light-filled, high-ceilinged ground floor level can be put to another use. Open all day and evening, it pitches itself as a non-exclusive café, a relaxed and spacious place to grab a bar meal, and a drinking bar for later in the evening. The menu is varied and filled with favourites, including burgers served in a brioche bun with a large gherkin, potato wedges or curly fries. There are also sharing plates, all-day breakfasts, salads and pub classics plus menus for children and pre-theatre diners too (after all, the Playhouse is only a couple of doors away). The cocktails and coffees are pretty good too.
- High point: Something for everyone, all day long
- Low point: Later weekend dining may be a bit lively for some
- Notable dish: steak, mushroom and Irish stout pie
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Drag shows Church of High Kicks (Sun) and Rabbit Hole (Tue).
- Capacity: 50 (40 outdoors)
- Largest group: 15
- Open since: 1994 approx (2010 under current owner)
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 16
- House wine: £16 per bottle
Reviews & features
Student Guide 2016: LGBT – out and about23 Sep 2016
Explore Glasgow and Edinburgh's thriving LGBTQIA+ scene
Heading off to university is both exciting and a little scary, and even more so if you identify as LGBTQIA+. On the one hand, you're moving to a new place and leaving old support networks behind, but on the other hand, you get to decide who you are, on…
CC Blooms celebrates re-opening with Church of High Kicks18 Jul 2012
Legendary Edinburgh gay club re-launches with day-time cafe/bar
CC Blooms has been part of the furniture of Edinburgh nights out for as long as most of us can remember. Born in the early 90s as a wonderfully cheesy gay club, the venue recently came under new management and last month reopened following a brief…
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 7 reviews of CC Blooms./5 from RSS feed of these comments