- Telephone 0131 556 9331
- Seasonal times Open till 5am during the Fringe and across Christmas and New Year
- Bar open Bar: Mon–Sun 11–3am. Club: Fri/Sat 11pm–3am.
- Food served Mon–Sun 11am–9pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sun 5–7.30pm.
- Average price £12.50 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £8.95 for two courses; £10.95 for three courses
- Website ccbloomsedinburgh.com
Colourful, friendly bar with a generous range of beers and a huge selection of spirits.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Bars best known for late-night revelry can have a tendency to be far less appealing when the sun is up and the beer goggles have been stowed for a few hours' respite. With its quirky, colourful décor and personable staff, CC Blooms deftly avoids this potential pitfall, offering an impressive range of beers and varied, well-priced food options from its late-morning opening all the way through to 9pm when the emphasis shifts towards cocktails, party drinks and dancing. The unfussy menu takes in favourites like haggis, neeps and tatties (served in a cutesy ration tin), macaroni cheese and a variety of school dinner-style desserts. Those less peckish can opt for wraps or flatbreads at lunchtime or tapas-sized dishes including chicken skewers and pakoras, and visitors to the Playhouse next door have the option of choosing from a short, pre-theatre selection of pastas and curries.
- High point: A good-time bar open late every night
- Low point: Predictably not great for children
- Notable dish: Aberdeen Angus lasagne
- Private dining: Up to 36 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Chilled house
- Live entertainment: DJs in the bar from 11pm Sun–Thur and from 8pm on Fri/Sat nights.
- Capacity: 50 (40 outdoors)
- Largest group: 15
- Open since: 1994 approx (2010 under current owner)
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 13
- House wine: £15 per bottle
Reviews & features
Student Guide 2016: LGBT – out and about23 Sep 2016
Explore Glasgow and Edinburgh's thriving LGBTQIA+ scene
Heading off to university is both exciting and a little scary, and even more so if you identify as LGBTQIA+. On the one hand, you're moving to a new place and leaving old support networks behind, but on the other hand, you get to decide who you are, on…
CC Blooms celebrates re-opening with Church of High Kicks18 Jul 2012
Legendary Edinburgh gay club re-launches with day-time cafe/bar
CC Blooms has been part of the furniture of Edinburgh nights out for as long as most of us can remember. Born in the early 90s as a wonderfully cheesy gay club, the venue recently came under new management and last month reopened following a brief…
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 7 reviews of CC Blooms./5 from RSS feed of these comments