- Telephone 0131 556 9331
- Seasonal times Festival and festive season: open till 5am
- Bar open Bar: Mon–Sun 11–3am. Club: Fri/Sat 11pm–3am.
- Food served Mon–Sun 11am–9pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sun 5–7.30pm.
- Average price £13 (lunch); £13 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £9 for two courses; £11 for three courses
- Website ccbloomsedinburgh.com
Definitive, well-loved Edinburgh gay nightclub with a comfortable non-exclusive café-bar upstairs.
The city’s definitive and best-loved gay nightclub for many years, these days CC Blooms concentrates its late-night clubbing operation to Lab, the basement dancefloor space. That means the light-filled, high-ceilinged ground floor level can be put to another use. Open all day and evening, it pitches itself as a non-exclusive café, a relaxed and spacious place to grab a bar meal, and a drinking bar for later in the evening. The menu is varied and filled with favourites, including burgers served in a brioche bun with a large gherkin, potato wedges or curly fries. There are also sharing plates, all-day breakfasts, salads and pub classics plus menus for children and pre-theatre diners too (after all, the Playhouse is only a couple of doors away). The cocktails and coffees are pretty good too.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Drag shows Church of High Kicks (Sun) and Rabbit Hole (Tue).
- Capacity: 50 (40 outdoors)
- Largest group: 15
- Open since: 1994 approx (2010 under current owner)
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 16
- House wine: £16 per bottle
Events at this venueWhilst every effort has been made to ensure the information displayed here is accurate, always check with the venue before attending (especially during the Coronavirus pandemic, more advice).
URGENT: You must stay at home except for shopping for basic necessities, daily exercise, any medical need and travelling to and from essential work.
Reviews & features
Student Guide 2016: LGBT – out and about23 Sep 2016
Explore Glasgow and Edinburgh's thriving LGBTQIA+ scene
Heading off to university is both exciting and a little scary, and even more so if you identify as LGBTQIA+. On the one hand, you're moving to a new place and leaving old support networks behind, but on the other hand, you get to decide who you are, on…
CC Blooms celebrates re-opening with Church of High Kicks18 Jul 2012
Legendary Edinburgh gay club re-launches with day-time cafe/bar
CC Blooms has been part of the furniture of Edinburgh nights out for as long as most of us can remember. Born in the early 90s as a wonderfully cheesy gay club, the venue recently came under new management and last month reopened following a brief…
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of CC Blooms./5 from RSS feed of these comments