Nice 'n' Sleazy
- Telephone 0141 333 0900
- Bar open Mon–Sat noon–3am; Sun 1pm–3am.
- Food served Mon–Sat noon–8.45pm; Sun 1–8.45pm.
- Average price £12 (lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Website nicensleazy.com
This atmospheric and distinctive late-night bar has partnered with Babu for an outstanding Glasgow food collaboration.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
While something of a Glasgow institution and a veteran indie presence on this entertaining stretch of Sauchiehall Street loaded with restaurants and bars, Nice ’n’ Sleazy is far from resting on its laurels. Usually the excitement around this atmospheric rock bar is generated by a musical collaboration but this year food fans are stirred by the arrival of a new menu by Babu Bombay Street Kitchen. Now Sleazy’s boasts inventive spicy treats for vegans and meat-eaters courtesy of the Babu crew who have won acclaim for their pop-ups and West Regent Street café. Early arrivals should try the Full Bombay Breakfast while stand-out lunchtime dishes include a Goanese chicken wrap or lamb kofta nan sandwich. Expect impeccably prepared street food that packs a tasty punch with raw, fresh flavours. Sleazy's appeals to an eclectic crowd, catering for distinct audiences with acclaimed club nights, film screenings and a consistently impressive roster of bands performing almost every night.
- High point: Cracking new menu and friendly service
- Low point: Music bar atmosphere not for everyone
- Notable dish: Frankie Goes to Bollywood (£7.95)
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: alternative/indie/metal/rock and roll
- Live entertainment: Live bands almost every night; club and film nights
- Capacity: 120
- Largest group: 8
- Open since: Venue 1990; Meathammer Ltd 2011
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- House wine: £15 per bottle
There are 7 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Spectral singer-songwriter with ancient folk leanings.
Acid techno and trance as 90s club night Amorphus returns for a one off special as part of Nice'n'Sleazy's 25th anniversary celebrations.
Grimsby-based psychedelia-soaked classic rock trio.
An eclectic fusion of post-punk and rock'n'roll.
Indie rock singer-songwriter who has supported Kasabian and James Maddocks.
Reviews & features
Bar Crawls: Glasgow - The Sauchiehall Street Saunter18 Nov 2011
Making the most of Glasgow city centre drinking
Both ‘pub crawl’ and ‘Sauchiehall Street’ can evoke images of large groups of revellers staggering from one ropey watering hole to the next, the night hurtling towards a climax of kebab sauce and lost cloakroom tickets. Well this route aims to redress…
Nice‘n’Sleazy’s1 Oct 2008
A long-standing Glasgow institution, Sleazy’s can boast great food, great bands and the best jukebox this side of New York reckons David Pollock.
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of Nice 'n' Sleazy./5 from RSS feed of these comments