- Box office 0141 946 5365
- General enquiries 0141 946 5365
- Food served Mon–Sat 8am–6pm; Sun 10am–5pm.
- Average price £7 (lunch)
This review is taken from the current (2015) edition.
As the door at North Star swings open, it feels as though you are leaving Queen Margaret Drive and stepping into the Mediterranean. The café strives to provide simple, honest food of an exceptional standard, and this goal is reflected in their vibrant dishes. The remarkably fresh-tasting bruschetta Mediterranea with sweet red peppers and roasted aubergine is a prime example of this mantra. The specials blackboard is renowned for its alternating Italian-influenced delicacies, which tend to include pastas and stews and are hugely popular with regulars. The emphasis on providing for customers with dietary requirements is evident in the selection of carefully tailored cakes, including the sumptuous chocolate and olive oil, and the small range of gluten-free goods for sale.
- High point: Great food served in a great atmosphere
- Low point: No disabled toilet
- Notable dish: The daily special
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: radio
- Capacity: 24 (4 outdoors)
- Largest group: 24
- Open since: 1999
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 0