- Box office 0141 946 5365
- General enquiries 0141 946 5365
- Food served Mon–Sat 8am–6pm; Sun 10am–5pm.
- Average price £7 (lunch)
Step off Queen Margaret Drive and into the authentic taste of a welcoming and bustling Mediterranean canteen.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
From the friendly "ciao" as you step through the door, the Italian influence in this West End café is obvious. It's evident in the genuine passion for the food they make, too. There’s a broad Mediterranean influence to the menu but, as anyone that's ever tried their full Scottish breakfast or French toast will confirm, that's not all they do (and do incredibly well). Everything about North Star shines with a love of what they do, and you can taste it in the food, from the soup and filled ciabatta, to favourites such as Spanish tortilla and chorizo and chickpea stew. Gluten-free diners are also very well looked after, with an excellent range of different dishes and cakes on offer – the lemon and raspberry polenta cake is crumbly and sweet with melted raspberries, and definitely worth returning for. They’re picking up regular accolades these days – one visit and it's easy to see why.
- High point: Perfect for weekend brunch
- Low point: Waiting for a table at busy times
- Notable dish: Slow cooked mild chorizo and chickpea stew served with salad and organic toast
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: Mix of radio stations
- Capacity: 24 (4 outdoors)
- Largest group: 24
- Open since: 1999
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 0