- Telephone 0141 946 5365
- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–6pm; Sat 9am–6pm; Sun 10am–5pm.
- Average price £9 (lunch)
Step off Queen Margaret Drive and into the authentic taste of a welcoming and bustling Mediterranean canteen.
With its imported delicacies around the walls and on the menu, this small café is a little outpost of Italy in Glasgow which offers a warm welcome and lovingly home-made, simple Mediterranean dishes. The food is filling: a hefty 8oz burger oozes flavour and sits in a crumbly brioche bun, topped with brie and accompanied by large potato wedges, while the Spanish stew has tender chorizo and chickpeas cooked slowly in a rich tomato sauce. Their own smooth coffee roast tops off the meal perfectly, perhaps with a deliciously sticky slice of thick gingerbread or one of their indulgent cakes (many are gluten-free). With only a few tables, it can get busy but the vibe is always relaxed.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: Light pop radio
- Capacity: 24 (4 outdoors)
- Largest group: 24
- Open since: 1999
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 0