A café with a wonderfully relaxed environment and a strong focus on making everyone feel at home.
Don’t be fooled by the electric colours of its painted exterior – Offshore is something of an oasis, the perfect place to seek refuge from the roaring traffic of Gibson Street. The café is characterised by a homely and relaxed atmosphere which comes as the product of a foolproof combination – cosy furnishings including armchairs, window seats with views over the Kelvin into the park, a bountiful supply of cushions, and the soothing sounds of an acoustic playlist. Add in a menu that combines light snacks and hearty favourites with a tempting display of cakes and Offshore’s got it all. Currently the café is particularly focused on expanding its range for customers with dietary requirements, which already includes the hugely popular vegan cakes, stews and toasties, gluten-free soups and the beautifully fragrant vegetarian sweet potato tagine.
- High point: Caters to everyone's needs
- Low point: No disabled toilet
- Notable dish: vegan carrot cake
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: acoustic pop
- Capacity: 50 (12 outdoors)
- Largest group: 20
- Open since: 1999