Kellie Castle & Garden
- Telephone 01333 720271
- Opening times 1 Apr: 11am–5pm; 2 Apr–31 May: Sat–Thu 10.30am–5pm; Jun–Aug: Mon–Sun 11am–5pm; Sep: Sat–Thu 11am–5pm; Oct: Sat–Thu 11am–4pm.
- Seasonal times Closed Nov–Mar
- Food served 1 Apr 11am–5pm; 2 Apr–31 May: Sat–Thu 10.30am–5pm; 1 Jun–31 Aug: Mon–Sun 10.30am–5pm; Sep: Sat–Thu 10.30am–5pm; Oct: Sat–Thu 10.30am–4.30pm.
- Admission Adults £10.50; family £24.50; concessions £7.50; free to NTS members
- Website www.nts.org.uk/Property/…
Restored and expanded 14th-century castle with Arts and Crafts flourishes and beautiful gardens.
Kellie Castle in Fife dates from as early as the 14th century and has magnificent plaster ceilings, painted panelling and fine furniture designed by Sir Robert Lorimer. The grounds and garden could easily be a day out in themselves, with acres of woodland walks, a bird hide and an abundance of nature. The Arts & Crafts garden is packed with beautiful borders of old-fashioned roses and herbaceous plants, as well as fruit and vegetables – all grown organically.
Text supplied by third party.
Reviews & features
Tasting Scotland - a food tour around Fife12 Oct 2012
East Neuks and Crannies
What’s next after you’ve dined out, eaten in and shopped local? Hannah Ewan became a food tourist for a day in Fife with Tasting Scotland
Heritage food in The National Trust for Scotland's gardens26 Jul 2012
Fife's historic houses have organic kitchen gardens and orchards
‘There used to be six or seven thousand different varieties of apple native to Britain. Now there are only around two thousand.’ As Kellie Castle’s Head Gardener, Mark Armour maintains its fully organic, traditional walled kitchen garden.