Sister venue to St Luke's & The Winged Ox, featuring a ground level café bar, serving food 9am–9pm daily, and a basement hosting live gigs and club nights.
Brutti Ma Buoni had let its identity slip to the extent that no-one even called it that anymore – ‘The Brunswick’ (actually the street and the adjoining hotel) was how it was referred to, and it had lost its way. In a welcome change, the team behind St Luke’s have turned this prime location into a sassy, unapologetically unsubtle bar that evokes a weekend in Holland’s cultural capital. Think red lights, bicycles, and, yes, a sex shop sign. But they’ve also got some clever choices of beer on the taps and the staff are great. The mezzanine is a delightful place to have a munch, and the menu hits its mark with loaded fries (including baconnaise), an impressive sirloin steak frites with chewy, charcoally charring, and some salty and moreish chicken wings in a dry rub. There’s also a stuffed French toast of the day, and Roman-style pizza slices courtesy of Baked in Dennistoun. Overall, it’s an operation which is assured, fun, and genuinely welcome in this part of town.
- Private dining: Up to 18 covers
- Provides: Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Blues, rock, soul, funk
- Live entertainment: DJs at the weekend: Josh Kilimanjaro, Billy Woods, club nights downstairs
- Capacity: 56 (24 outdoors)
- Largest group: 18
- Open since: 2019
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £15 per bottle