This review is taken from the 2015 edition.
Apart from the qualified Whisky Ambassadors that work here, there are over 50 reasons why whisky lovers visit DRAM! Reams of single malts are on the gantry, including the usual suspects but also more unusual tipples, with the Macallan Ruby and Glengoyne Cask Strength proving popular. There’s also a generous choice of real ale and craft beer, with Drygate and Williams Bros on tap. The main bar area, with its thick tables and high bar stools, encourages patrons to have manly pints. The large seating area is lit by striking cut-metal lampshades, and the biscuit-coloured leather seats are a comfortable place to enjoy sliders, back ribs or whole smoked chicken. Different kinds of meat are well represented – all smoked on-site. The flat screens see plenty of action thanks to a comprehensive sports schedule, but live comedy and musicians are also a regular feature.
- High point: A whisky lover's paradise
- Low point: Tartan and Saltires make it feel a bit themey
- Private dining: Up to 50 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Varies: house at the weekends, throwback Thursdays, etc.
- Live entertainment: Live folk sessions Sun; comedy sessions every Tues; plus pub quiz Wed; open mic every Thurs
- Capacity: 73
- Largest group: 60-70
- Open since: 2010
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 14
- House wine: £11.95 per bottle
Events at this venue
There is 1 event at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Dram n Jam (acoustic music session)
A group of friends meeting a couple of times a month, in the pub, to have a wee jam, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. We'll be playing a bit of everything; rock, pop, folk n country and whatever you want to play.. If you play an acoustic instrument and/or sing, come and join us - you don't need to be a great musician…