Apart from the qualified Whisky Ambassadors that work here, there are over 50 reasons why whisky lovers visit DRAM! Reams of single malts are on the gantry, including the usual suspects but also more unusual tipples, with the Macallan Ruby and Glengoyne Cask Strength proving popular. There’s also a generous choice of real ale and craft beer, with Drygate and Williams Bros on tap. The main bar area, with its thick tables and high bar stools, encourages patrons to have manly pints. The large seating area is lit by striking cut-metal lampshades, and the biscuit-coloured leather seats are a comfortable place to enjoy sliders, back ribs or whole smoked chicken. Different kinds of meat are well represented – all smoked on-site. The flat screens see plenty of action thanks to a comprehensive sports schedule, but live comedy and musicians are also a regular feature.
- Private dining: Up to 50 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Varies: house at the weekends, throwback Thursdays, etc.
- Live entertainment: Live folk sessions Sun; comedy sessions every Tues; plus pub quiz Wed; open mic every Thurs
- Capacity: 73
- Largest group: 60-70
- Open since: 2010
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 14
- House wine: £11.95 per bottle