Eastside aims to bring some edginess to George Street, with street food stalls and pool tables as well as DJs, cocktails and craft beers.
This late-night bar aims to bring some urban edge to George Street, replacing the glitzier vibe of the previous tenant, Opal Lounge. Exposed air conditioning, concrete and street art set the tone, with a beer vending machine, three free pool tables, weekend DJs and street food stalls adding to the looser feel. On a Friday and Saturday night, local foodie favourites man the stalls. A rotating cast includes Chick + Pea, Kebabbar, Haggis Box and Dog n Bon hotdogs, with the latter sometimes catering Wednesday’s quiz night. Tuesday and Thursday it’s Eastside’s own pizza slices and mac and cheese. Monday is student night with a strictly liquid menu (no food). The bar has Camden beers on tap, lots of craft cans and a long list of cocktails, with shots featuring prominently too. Don’t forget the free pool.
- Private dining: 32/16
- Provides: Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: House, disco, dance, rock - depends on the crowd
- Live entertainment: DJs Babes and Gareth Summervilel alternate Fri and Sat nights
- Capacity: 108
- Largest group: Whole place (650 standing)
- Open since: 2018
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- House wine: £20 per bottle