The Wallace Collection
The Wallace Collection is a national museum with free admission to the permanent collection.
The buidling and collection were created in the 18C and 19C by first four Marquesses of Hertford and then by Sir Richard Wallace. It was donated to the nation in 1897 by Lady Hertford. It is a collection of paintings, sculpture, furniture, arms and armour and porcelain of interenational repute and quality.
There is a gallery in the basement for temporary exhibitions and a restaurant, The Wallace in the covered courtyard to the rear.