The 13th Note Café/Bar
- Telephone 0141 553 1638
- Opening times Daily noon–midnight.
- Bar open Mon–Wed noon–11pm; Thu–Sun noon–midnight
- Food served Mon–Wed noon–9pm; Thu–Sat noon–10pm
- Average price £9 (lunch); £12 (evening meal)
- Website www.13thnote.co.uk
This review is taken from the current (2015) edition.
This feels like the kind of place you might go to for a drink and leave as a member of a new band. The venue downstairs features up-and-coming bands, mainly hardcore, metal and rock, but the jukebox upstairs is easier on the ears. The food shines when compared with other restaurants, not just other vegan/vegetarian places. The Greek salad is pretty authentic with rich Kalamata olives and a snowfall of crumbly feta. For main course, the halloumi kebab is an excellent choice as is their veggie burger, which has been around considerably longer than some of the bands on the jukebox, and for good reason. They also do bar snacks, such as their award-winning chips: hand-cut from Ayrshire potatoes and sprinkled with rosemary and salt. But it’s also a great place to have a drink – a welcome alternative to more self-conscious city centre bars.
- High point: One of the best veggie/vegan places in town
- Low point: The chips are so good your friends will steal them
- Notable dish: Veggie burger in a sesame bun with salad and handcut Ayrshire chips
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: There's jukebox with alternative, rock, indie, etc.
- Live entertainment: Bands/comedy/theatre/arts
- Capacity: 45
- Largest group: 45
- Open since: 1997
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £14.50 per bottle
There are 3 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Fuzzy bedroom pop
Lindsey Goldie: The Unseen
Photographic work depicting everyday scenes and objects viewed in a different way.
Wed 5 Aug
A Stranger Walks Into A Bar
When a stranger turns up to drink at the bar alone, he brings with him a wealth of odd tales and an uncanny insight into our lives. As the night progresses however, we find he is not the only one with a tale to tell. Come and spend an evening at the pub and witness a meeting of tale tellers; as two bar staff and a…
Comments & ratings
Average rating 2 reviews of The 13th Note Café/Bar./5 from RSS feed of these comments