The 13th Note Café/Bar
- Telephone 0141 553 1638
- Opening times Daily noon–midnight.
- Bar open Mon–Wed noon–11pm; Thu–Sun noon–midnight
- Food served Mon–Wed noon–9pm; Thu–Sat noon–10pm
- Average price £13 (set lunch); £13 (evening meal)
- Website www.13thnote.co.uk
A vegan bar-restaurant popular with musicians, veggies and food-lovers alike.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
The sign of a really good vegan restaurant is not just its appeal to those who have chosen a meat-free existence, but the way it wins round those that haven't. The 13th Note attracts food fans (carnivores included), musos and those in pursuit of a mid-week pint in comfortable surroundings alike. Thanks to its basement gig space, where bands of the louder variety perform nightly, you can be sure that the restaurant and bar upstairs are always filled with an interesting mix of punters. The Note’s menu excels in the finer things in life – carbs and cheese – including the exotic-sounding Lebanese potato harra, or spicy roast potatoes. Its famous chips, cut from Ayrshire tatties and dusted in rosemary salt were born to be eaten with a halloumi and red pepper kebab – takeaway food reimagined and upgraded. No doner-induced guilt the next morning comes as a welcome bonus.
- High point: Imaginative vegetarian food
- Low point: Curry could do with fuller flavour
- Notable dish: Red pepper and halloumi kebab
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Jukebox - customers' choic
- Live entertainment: Bands/comedy/theatre/arts
- Capacity: 45
- Largest group: 45
- Open since: 1997
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £14.50 per bottle
There is 1 event at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Gavin MacQueen: Soul Survivor
A look back at the photographers' work.
Comments & ratings
Average rating 2 reviews of The 13th Note Café/Bar./5 from RSS feed of these comments