The 13th Note Café/Bar
- Telephone 0141 553 1638
- Opening times Daily noon–midnight.
- Bar open Mon–Wed noon–11pm; Thu–Sun noon–midnight
- Food served Mon–Wed noon–9pm; Thu–Sat noon–10pm
- Average price £13 (set lunch); £13 (evening meal)
- Website www.13thnote.co.uk
A vegan bar-restaurant popular with musicians, veggies and food-lovers alike.
The sign of a really good vegan restaurant is not just its appeal to those who have chosen a meat-free existence, but the way it wins round those that haven't. The 13th Note attracts food fans (carnivores included), musos and those in pursuit of a mid-week pint in comfortable surroundings alike. Thanks to its basement gig space, where bands of the louder variety perform nightly, you can be sure that the restaurant and bar upstairs are always filled with an interesting mix of punters. The Note’s menu excels in the finer things in life – carbs and cheese – including the exotic-sounding Lebanese potato harra, or spicy roast potatoes. Its famous chips, cut from Ayrshire tatties and dusted in rosemary salt were born to be eaten with a halloumi and red pepper kebab – takeaway food reimagined and upgraded. No doner-induced guilt the next morning comes as a welcome bonus.
- High point: Imaginative vegetarian food
- Low point: Curry could do with fuller flavour
- Notable dish: Red pepper and halloumi kebab
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Jukebox - customers' choic
- Live entertainment: Bands/comedy/theatre/arts
- Capacity: 45
- Largest group: 45
- Open since: 1997
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £14.50 per bottle
Events at this venue
There are 7 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Cult experimental guitarist from the States, influenced by everything from blues to free jazz.
Fri 27 Oct
£7 / 0141 553 1638
The Hollows Xmas Party
Join The Hollows for a festive celebration on Friday 1st December at The 13 Note. Support will come from The Lightning Trip and George Anderson.
Fri 1 Dec
Prices to be confirmed / 0141 553 1638
Solo exhibition by Gavin Macqueen, fine art and fashion photographer.
Mon 30 Oct
Tue 31 Oct
Wed 1 Nov
Surf punks influenced by Dick Dale and Laika & The Cosmonauts.
Sat 11 Nov
£5 / 0141 553 1638
- 20:00 – 23:00
Terra Naomi + Support
An evening in Glasgow with Terra Naomi
Sun 12 Nov
£13.45 / 0141 553 1638
A Very Vinegar Glasgow Bonanza W/chrissy Barnacle, Slonk And Victoria Willmott
Lo-fi surf-psych pop band from Bristol Vinegar bring their tour bus to Glasgow on Thursday 26th October at 13th Note joined by Chrissy Barnacle and Slonk with a printmaking workshop from artist/illustrator/printmaker extrordinaire Victoria Willmott Vinegar lo-fi surf-psyche…
Thu 26 Oct
£4.40 / 0141 553 1638
The Working Man
Five-piece band from Blackburn.
Sat 11 Nov
£5 / 0141 553 1638
With Performance Enhancing Suppositories.
- 19:30 – 23:30
Comments & ratings
Average rating 2 reviews of The 13th Note Café/Bar./5 from RSS feed of these comments