- Telephone 01887 822896
- Opening times Mon–Sat 10am–5pm; Sun 11am–5pm.
- Seasonal times Winter opening: Mon–Sat 10am–4.30pm; Sun 11am–4.30pm
- Food served Mon–Sat 10am–5pm; Sun 11am–5pm
- Average price £11 (lunch)
- Website www.aberfeldywatermill.com
Aberfeldy's former flour mill is still associated with food: while the building is, in the main, an inspiring bookshop and art gallery, the small ground floor café serves soup, quiche and sandwiches as well as good coffee.
This combined bookshop, gallery and café is a buzzing hub of the Aberfeldy community. In the cosy downstairs café overlooking the river (lots of outdoor seating) that once gave the centuries-old Watermill its purpose and today give it its name, patrons of all ages relax at tables and on couches warming themselves with coffee and other hot drinks – chilli hot chocolate and cinnamon-flavoured café au miel are among their more exotic brews – by the glow of a wood fire, or enjoy a basic but very filling lunch. Soups, rustic seeded rolls, salads and sweet eats (cakes, biscuits and so on) are your lot when it comes to food options, and the prices are a little steep – £6.90 for a roll. But the fillings are fresh and draw on a wide-range of flavours – from goats cheese with beetroot, honey and cos lettuce to north Atlantic prawns with citrus mayonnaise – not to mention piled on so generously that they spill out the sides when you take a bite. All best enjoyed while flicking a book – you’ll find them on sale upstairs.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: Folk/pop
Events at this venue
Sorted by title / date & time