Aberdour Castle and Garden
- Telephone 01383 860519
- Website www.historic-http:/www.historic-scotland.gov.uk/…
Built by the Douglas family in the 14th century, this delightful castle has a walled garden and dovecote, and the gallery on the first floor gives an insight of how it was furnished at the time.
The 12th-century fortified residence of Aberdour was extended in the 15th, 16th and 17th centuries. It boasts a delightful walled garden and terraces with beehive-shaped dovecot. The castle also features a fine painted ceiling. Café open during the summer and weekends throughout the winter.
• In Aberdour, 8m E of the Forth Bridges on the A921
• Open all year. Winter: closed Thursday and Friday
• Admission: Adult £4.20 Child £2.10 Concessions £3.20
• VisitScotland grading ????
Find out more about Aberdour castle and Garden at historic-scotland.gov.uk
Text supplied by third party.
There is 1 event at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Easter Eggsplorer Trail
Join an Easter Eggsploration through some of Scotland's castles, abbeys, forts and palaces. Find all the clues to complete the challenge.