- Telephone 0141 572 0080
- Bar open Mon–Thu 11am–midnight; Fri/Sat 11am–2am; Sun 12.30–midnight
- Food served Mon–Wed noon–7pm; Thu–Sat noon–8pm; Sun 12.30–7pm
- Average price £4.95 (express pasta dish); £12.95 (set evening meal)
- Website www.bacchusglasgow.com
This review is taken from the 2010 edition.
Weekends are busy at this Merchant City bar, catering for the post-work and pre-club crowd. The interior is stylish, with comfy low cushioned benches, bar stools and standard tables offering seating options to suit your night. Be careful to arrive early for food as the kitchen wraps up quickly to make way for drinking and dancing. The menu is surprisingly varied: large crispy tortilla chips are served with a fresh tomato relish and plenty cheese and spring onion, but not really enough kick to merit the 'nachos' tag. A starter portion of haggis tempura is a great bar snack, served with a tasty fresh salad and dips. The lime and coriander seems to get lost a little in the potato and roast pepper patties but served with rice, pitta, olives and tzatziki they make a good sharing plate. Elsewhere on the menu there are pastas, salads and burgers as well as some main course options like fillet of seabass with a pesto crust. All wines are served by the glass, including sparkling, which comes as a bellini or kir royale to kick off your night.
- High point: Varied and efficient bar food
- Low point: Flashing TV screens
- Private dining: Up to 75 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Chilled out pop. Dancier at weekends
- Capacity: 70
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 1998
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- House wine: £12.95 per bottle
There is 1 event at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
An electronic buzz-in quiz, to stop all those smartphone cheaters, with a champion's certificate up for grabs.
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of Bacchus./5 from RSS feed of these comments