Filmhouse Café Bar
- Box office 0131 228 2688
- General enquiries 0131 229 5932
- Opening times Mon–Thu 8am–11.30pm; Fri 8am–12.30am; Sat 10am–12.30am; Sun 10am–11.30pm
- Seasonal times During Film Festival, bar is open until 3am
- Bar open Mon–Thu 11am–11.30pm; Fri/Sat 11am–12.30am; Sun 11am–11.30pm.
- Food served Mon–Fri 9am–10pm; Sat/Sun 10am–10pm.
- Pre-theatre times £8 for all mains between 3–5pm daily
- Box office times Mon–Sun 10am–9pm
- Website www.filmhousecinema.com
Fresh, fast food in a venue offering fab movie choices.
If you're off to see a film, you could do worse than fuel up at the Filmhouse café and bar beforehand. There’s a decent range of popular favourites: curries, chilli con carne and the justifiably famous nachos in three varieties, plus specials like beetroot and goat's cheese gnocchi. Baked spuds, pizza flatbread and risotto just about complete the reasonably priced, comfort food lineup (though there is a strong breakfast menu too) and there is a decent range of Scottish beers and non-Scottish wines. The décor is basic and studenty, with film posters and functional furniture that feels a bit crammed in, especially when the room is actually crammed just before a film. Visit during the Film Festival for special events or try your hand at the monthly quiz for hard-core cinema buffs.
- Private dining: 40–60 in Guild Rooms
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Sometimes, connected to film screenings/festivals. Monthly film quiz.
- Capacity: 136 (12 outside)
- Largest group: Not generally available; only for specially booked events.
- Open since: 1987 approx.
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 17
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of Filmhouse Café Bar./5 from RSS feed of these comments