Filmhouse Café Bar
- Box office 0131 228 2688
- General enquiries 0131 229 5932
- Opening times Mon–Thu 9am–11.30pm; Fri 9am–12.30am; Sat 10am–12.30am; Sun 10am–11.30pm.
- Seasonal times Film Festival: bar open until 3am
- Bar open Mon–Thu 11am–11.30pm; Fri/Sat 11am–12.30am; Sun 11am–11.30pm.
- Food served Mon–Fri 9am–10pm; Sat/Sun 10am–10pm.
- Pre-theatre times £2.50 off mains priced over £7 between 3–5pm daily.
- Box office times Mon–Sun 10am–9pm
- Website www.filmhousecinema.com/cafe-bar
Independent cinema café offering light bites, casual dining and a wide drinks selection.
The Filmhouse Café Bar’s menu reads like a good cinema listing. There are comforting classics like the heaped-high nachos, which strike the elusive balance of cheese, sauce, and crunch; and there are remakes with a twist, like pizza flatbread topped with Parma ham and micro herbs. Those who prefer something a little more elaborate and adventurous can try the pumpkin tortellini, which is served alongside complementing mushrooms and fresh pesto. With curries and chilli con carne presenting flavours from around the world, and family favourites in the shape of a varied and reasonable kid’s menu, this is a line-up that will keep everyone entertained. The room bubbles with chat between cinema-goers dissecting new releases, and the bar tends to be very busy shortly before and after films are shown, so time it right or be prepared for a bit of a squeeze.
- Private dining: 40–60 in Guild Rooms on occasion
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Soft background tunes
- Capacity: 136 (12 outdoors)
- Largest group: Not generally available.
- Open since: 1987 approx.
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 17
- House wine: £18.95 per bottle