Before 5pm, Sport, Cycling
- Filter by:
- before 17:00
Sailing & Watersports
- Free events
Sorted by popularity / date & time
Edinburgh Night Ride
Criss-cross your way across the city as an individual rider or as part of a team, and check out the sites of the city all bathed in glorious moonlight on a 50-mile course beginning and ending at Holyrood Palace. Ride for the charity of your choice. Children ages 14–17 can take part with an accompanying adult.
Sat 20 Jun
£39; plus either £160 sponsorship or £60 self-funding / 01244 676454
- 17:00 Edinburgh Night Ride Meadowbank Sports Centre, Edinburgh
Rob Roy Challenge
Not for the faint hearted – teams take part in an action-packed day including a 16-mile walk (or run) from Drymen to Callander then a 39-mile cycle to Kenmore. A party and feast await the intrepid participants upon their finish. Teams should include four people and each team member is asked to raise a minimum of £350.
Sat 20 Jun
£65; £105 with bike hire / 07977 151540
- 07:00 – 22:00 Rob Roy Challenge Drymen Village Hall
Adult Mountain Bike Skills
Receive professional guidance on cycling.
Sat 25 Apr
£4.50 per person, adv booking essential; £2.50 bike hire, adv booking essential / 01425 470721
- 10:00 – 11:30 Adult Mountain Bike Skills Moors Valley Country Park, Ringwood
Anne Frank Cycle Challenge
A London to Amsterdam cycle covering 155 miles over two days to raise funds for the Anne Frank Trust UK.
Fri 29 May
£200 Registration fee; £1500 Minimum sponsorship / 020 7284 5858
Exact start point to be confirmed.
- 10:00 – 15:00 Anne Frank Cycle Challenge Various Venues, London
The Beaumont Trophy – Men's Race
A professional cycling race covering 117 miles. Sir Bradley Wiggins has won the race twice, once as National Champion in 2011.
Sun 21 Jun
See website for details
- 13:15 – 18:00 The Beaumont Trophy – Men's Race Gosforth Park, Newcastle upon Tyne
Bike For Bobath
Charity cycle run from the Riverside Museum to Balloch in aid of cerebral palsy charity Bobath. The route is scenic but flat and suitable for all ages and abilities. Refreshments and first aid are on hand along the way.
Sat 6 Jun
£15 (Children £5) / 0141 287 2720
- 10:00 – 14:00 Bike For Bobath Riverside Museum, Glasgow
British Mountain Bike Marathon Championships
The British MTB Marathon Championships are accompanied by non-competitive rides of various distances – something for all abilities.
Sat 2 May
- 10:00 – 18:00 British Mountain Bike Marathon Championships Selkirk Rugby Club
EMMS: Evelyn's Methlick Bike Ride
Beginning at Methlick Church in Aberdeenhsire cycle 10 or 25 miles through the countryside and finish with scones and tea.
Sat 6 Jun
donations only / 0131 313 3828
- 13:00 EMMS: Evelyn's Methlick Bike Ride Methlick Church
Epilepsy Action Tour of the Roses
Three day, coast to coast, cycle challenge in aid of Epilepsy Action. Starting in Blackpool and finishing in Scarborough the route includes parts of the first Stage of the 2014 Tour de France and passes the most iconic locations in the region. Accommodation, meals, baggage transfer, medical cover and mechanical assistance…
Sat 23 May
Sun 24 May
Mon 25 May
Firth to Firth – A Coast to Coast Cycle Across Scotland
Help raise funds for Sick Children's Trust with a cycle from Annan on the Solway Firth to the Firth of Forth at Edinburgh. Return travel from Newcastle included.
Sat 25 Jul
£100 registration; £300 minimum sponsorship / 0191 282 5825
- 10:30 Firth to Firth – A Coast to Coast Cycle Across Scotland Various venues: Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne
Gleneagles / Condor Cycling Experience
Join the entire JLT Condor pro cycling team – which counts double Olympic Gold medallist Ed Clancy among its ranks – for an exclusive ride-out event, open to both developing and experienced road cyclists. Participants join the professionals on a two-hour ‘friendly’ ride around the Perthshire countryside, followed by…
A family cycle event around Surrey's North Downs with a choice of 20 or 40 mile distances.
Sun 12 Jul
£25 includes medal / 01483 689111
- 07:00 GoFest Sportive Surrey Sports Park, Guildford
King of the Mountains Sportive
Ride Scotland's best mountain passes and snow roads. Chose a 100 mile, 100 kilometre or 25 mile route
Sat 16 May
£25–£35 (Children free if they are 11–15, on the 25 mile route and accompanied by a paying adult rider) / 019755 62292
- 07:30 – 16:00 King of the Mountains Sportive Grampian Transport Museum, Alford
London To Oxford Bike Ride
Enjoy a great Summer's day cycling from London through the Chilterns to Oxford in aid of Prostate Cancer Research Centre.
Sun 5 Jul
£20 / 020 8560 0882
- 07:30 – 17:00 London To Oxford Bike Ride Syon Park, Brentford
London To Windsor Bike Ride
A day cycling from Richmond Green to Alexandra Gardens.
Sat 29 Aug
£20 ( £14.50; Children £9)
- 09:00 – 18:00 London To Windsor Bike Ride Richmond Green (Off Kew Road)
National Star Cycling Challenge
Take part in a 50km or 100km circular bike ride around the Cotswolds to help raise money for National Star.
Sun 26 Apr
£25; suggested minimum sponsorship of £75
- 08:30 – 18:00 National Star Cycling Challenge National Star College, Cheltenham
On Your Bike
A sponsored bike ride from Isabel Hospice. Choose from three distances (25k, 50k and 100k) and cycle away through the countryside. But don't worry, it's not all about the pedalling – there's also a BBQ, refreshments, a bike doctor and a sports massage tent.
Sun 31 May
- 09:00 – 14:00 On Your Bike Bishop's Stortford Rugby Club
Pedal on Parliament
Massed bike ride from the Meadows down to the Scottish Parliament at Holyrood to raise awareness of the need for proper provision for cyclists on our roads. Come one, come all (even those who don't own a bike) to help make some noise for road safety and follow it all up with a picnic in Holyrood Park.
Sat 25 Apr
- 12:00 – 15:00 Pedal on Parliament The Meadows, Edinburgh
Swim, cycle and run past a slew of Portsmouth landmarks.
Sun 6 Sep
£45–£82 Includes technical t-shirt and medal / 02392 814875
- 10:00 – 14:00 Portsmouth Triathlon Castle Field, Southsea
Prudential Ride London
One hundred mile cycling challenge in London and Surrey.
Sun 2 Aug
- 09:00 Prudential Ride London The Olympic Park: The Olympic Stadium, London
Rat Race: The Crossing
Mountain bike from coast to coast on a three-day journey taking in the Lake District, the Yorkshire Dales and the North Yorkshire Moors.
Fri 10 Jul
- 06:00 Rat Race: The Crossing The Beacon, Whitehaven
Spin London – The Urban Cycle Show
Cycle festival displaying all manner of cycle gear from top of the range bikes, to accessories and sport fashion. To demonstrate cycling is no longer the domain of old boys with their trousers tucked into their socks there's a host of other cool stuff to enjoy, including a Test Track, pro-rider talks, live music, an art…
Fri 8 May
£10 / 020 7269 9750
- 12:00 – 20:00 Spin London – The Urban Cycle Show The Sorting Office, London
Sat 9 May
£10 / 020 7269 9750
- 10:00 – 18:00 Spin London – The Urban Cycle Show The Sorting Office, London
Sun 10 May
£10 / 020 7269 9750
- 10:00 – 16:00 Spin London – The Urban Cycle Show The Sorting Office, London
Torrington Terror Triathlon
Nothing makes you want to grab your trainers and your bike like the word 'terror' in the title. This rural bike and run course is novice friendly but will challenge you.
Sun 26 Jul
- 08:00 Torrington Terror Triathlon Torrington Pool
Uk Cycling Event
Choose from three routes of differing lengths and cycle around the area.
Sun 3 May
£23–£33 / 01291 622260
- 07:45 – 12:00 Uk Cycling Event Chepstow Racecourse
Virgin Money Cyclone Challenge Rides
Get into the cycling spirit ahead of the Tour de France and take part in a mass cycle across the Northumbrian countryside. There are three distances available, 34, 64 or 106 miles.
Sat 20 Jun
£28 (Children £14) / 0191 236 7078
- 07:00 – 18:00 Virgin Money Cyclone Challenge Rides Falcons Rugby Club, Newcastle upon Tyne